Western Iowa Power Cooperative continues to listen to our membership! We understand not everyone has an ideal location for solar or may be looking to invest in renewable energy on a smaller scale. Cooperative Solar may be the right fit for you.
This program has been created to allow Members an opportunity to assist the Cooperative in developing solar facilities, the output of which will displace energy generated from other generating units, including fossil fuel units.
How it works:
- WIPCO members subscribe to solar panels--Starting July 1 Cooperative Solar price is now only $600 for a full panel. Each panel will produce approximately 425 kWhs annually.
- Participating members then receive a monthly production credit equivalent to your percent of system production that month. You will receive monthly production credits for the life of the 20-year agreement.
- Must be a residential service and can't have existing distributed generation on-site, interconnected to the same service. Irrigation, livestock, small commercial, etc. are not eligible.
How Can I Participate?
Subscriptions can be purchased by contacting our office. To participate in WIPCO's Cooperative Solar Program, follow these three easy steps:
- Determine how many subscription panels are right for you. If you need help determining that number, contact WIPCO's member service department for assistance. We are happy to help you.
- Sign the Member Agreement
- Pay for the number of subscription panels you choose - checks, cash, and credit cards are accepted. Contact us at 1-800-253-5189 for more details.
There is no limit to the number of panels you may subscribe to. Any excess credits will be rolled over to the following month's energy bill. Unused credits at the end of the 20-year term shall be forfeited, so let us help you determine how many panels you need.
You can either change the service address of where you would like the credits applied within WIPCO's service territory or assign the agreement to another individual or entity within WIPCO's service territory.
Learn about WIPCO's Cooperative Solar Program.