Energy Efficiency Rebates as of January 1, 2017
- Ground-source heat pump - $3,000 per unit. Any type of ground source heat pump, with or without desuperheater. New construction or replacement units qualify if they meet minimum Energy Star requirements. Large ground coupled heat pump applications totaling 10 tons or greater - $400 per ton.
- Air-source heat pump - $400 to $600 per unit based on Energy Star rating, if back up heat is propane or natural gas. $600 to $800 per unit based on Energy Star rating, if back up heat is electric. Large heat pump applications totaling 10 tons or greater - $100 per ton. New construction, replacement and add-on units qualify.
- Ductless mini-split heat pump - $200 per unit. SEER rating must be 14.5 or greater. Must provide the heating and cooling of the conditioned space. Rebate limited to 2 units per single family dwelling or out building. Limit of 1 rebate per family in a multi-family dwelling. Limit of 1 rebate for each leasable hotel room.
- Water heaters - 50 gallon = $300; 75 gallon = $350; 85 gallon = $400; 105 gallon = $500. Must be 50 gallons or larger with minimum 90 percent energy factor. Converting from gas to electric or new construction - free 50 gallon Marathon water heater or an 85 gallon Marathon water heater for $500. All water heaters must be enrolled in the Switch Makes Cents load control program.
- Building insulation - 30 percent of installed blown-in, spray foam, insulating concrete forms, rigid styro foam panels and/or structural panel type insulation up to maximum of $800 per building per year; qualifying building must have electric heat primary.
- Energy Star Appliances - clothes washers $50; refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers $25 each; maximum per member account $250.
- Central Air Unit - $100 per unit based on Energy Star rating.
- Window or portable air conditioner - $25 incentive per Energy Star unit.
- Appliance recycling - turn your clean, empty, in working order, and ready for pick up refrigerator, freezer or window air conditioner in for a $25 incentive per appliance. Appliance should be >= 10 cubic feet.
- Commercial, Industrial and Agricultural businesses: Lighting - Compact fluorescents, T-8 and T-5 bulbs: $100 per kW; Reduced wattage metal halide low ballast lamps: $25 per kW; LED (light emitting diodes): $300 per kW - the total lighting electric rating must be a minimum of 0.5 kW to qualify. Motors - New variable speed energy efficiency motors and qualifying soft start devices installed in a commercial, industrial, or agricultural building: $40 per horse power up to a maximum rebate of $5,000 per motor (seasonal applications are not eligible for this rebate.)
If you have any questions about these rebates, please contact Christie Richardson, Administrative Assistant or Stephanie Wiese, Director of Member Services/Economic Development at 800-253-5189 or 712-263-2943.