Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Ground-source heat pump - $3,000 per unit. Any type of ground source heat pump, with or without desuperheater. New construction or replacement units qualify if they meet minimum Energy Star requirements. Large ground coupled heat pump applications totaling 10 tons or greater - $1,000 per installed ton.
- Air-source heat pump - $400 to $600 per unit based on Energy Star rating, if backup heat is none, propane or natural gas. $600 to $800 per unit based on Energy Star rating, if backup heat is electric. Large heat pump applications totaling 10 tons or greater - $400 per ton if no backup heat or if backup heat is propane or natural gas - $600 per ton if backup heat is electric. Systems must meet energy efficiency Energy Star specifications. New construction, replacement and add-on units qualify.
- Ductless mini-split heat pump - $200 per unit. SEER rating must be 14.5 or greater. Must provide the heating and cooling of the conditioned space. Rebate limited to 2 units per single family dwelling or out building. Limit of 1 rebate per family in a multi-family dwelling. Limit of 1 rebate for each leasable hotel room.
- Water heaters - 50 gallon = $300; 75 gallon = $350; 85 gallon = $400; 105 gallon = $500. Must be 50 gallons or larger with minimum 90 percent energy factor. Converting from gas to electric or new construction - free 50 gallon Marathon water heater or an 85 gallon Marathon water heater for $500. All water heaters must be enrolled in the Switch Makes Cents load control program. Must be for hot water use only (not space heating). Storage-only units with no operating electric elements do not qualify for this rebate.
- Building insulation - Residential - 30 percent of installed blown-in, spray foam, insulating concrete forms, rigid styrofoam panels and/or structural insulated panels up to maximum of $800 per building per year; Commercial & Industrial and Agricultural - 10 percent of installed blown-in, spray foam, insulating concrete forms, rigid styrofoam panels and/or structural insulated panels up to maximum of $2,000 per building per year; qualifying building must have electric heat primary. The insulation must be professionally installed by a registered contractor.
- Energy Star Appliances - clothes washers $50; clothes dryers, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers $25 each; maximum per member account $250. Click here to submit your new appliance rebate claim form online.
- Central Air Unit - $100 per unit based on Energy Star rating.
- Window or portable air conditioner - $25 incentive per Energy Star unit.
- Appliance recycling - turn your clean, empty and in working order refrigerator, freezer or window air conditioner in for a $50 incentive per appliance. Appliance should be >= 10 cubic feet. Click here to submit your appliance recycling claim online. MUST provide receipt from a certified appliance recycling or de-manufacturing facility.
- Lighting - Compact fluorescents, T-8 and T-5 bulbs: $100 per kW; Reduced wattage metal halide low ballast lamps: $25 per kW; LED (light emitting diodes): $300 per kW - the total lighting electric rating must be a minimum of 0.5 kW to qualify; up to a maximum rebate of 50% of the fixture/bulb cost submitted.
- Motors - New variable speed energy efficiency motors and qualifying soft start devices installed in a commercial, industrial, or agricultural building: $40 per horsepower up to a maximum rebate of $5,000 per motor (seasonal applications are not eligible for this rebate.) Qualifying soft start devices installed on an existing motor in C&I or Ag building. Rebate is based on the HP of the motor the device is installed on.
If you have any questions about these rebates, please contact Christie Richardson, Administrative Assistant or Stephanie Wiese, Director of Member Services/Economic Development at 800-253-5189 or 712-263-2943.
PDF copies to download and print: Residential Energy Efficiency Programs or Commercial & Industrial and Agricultural Energy Efficiency Programs