Do you have an old operating refrigerator, freezer or window air conditioner that you would like to get rid of? Western Iowa Power Cooperative will pay you to recycle your appliance. WIPCO's "Pull the Plug" program offers two options to recycle up to three of these types of appliances per year, and earn up to $50, each, in rebates. "Pull the Plug" partners with our authorized vendor to pick up and remove the appliance from your home or you can take your appliance to an approved appliance recycling drop-off location.
Option 1: "Pull the Plug" (vendor removal of appliance): $25 Rebate on qualifying appliances
- Members should contact our office to arrange for appliance to be picked up.
- Appliance(s) will be picked up and properly disposed of by our partner appliance recycling contractor (CleaResult).
- Participants of "Pull the Plug" will receive a $25 rebate, per qualifying appliance(s), up to three (3) appliances, per calendar year.
Appliance(s) must be clean, empty, in working order and be ready to be picked up.
Option 2: "You Pull the Plug" (consumer self-removal of appliance): $50 Rebate on qualifying appliances
- Participants of "You Pull the Plug" agree to self-remove and recycle qualifying appliances via an approved and certified appliance de-manufacturer or drop-off location.
- Participants of "You Pull the Plug" will receive a $50 rebate, per qualifying appliance, up to three (3) appliances, per calendar year.
Appliance(s) must be clean, empty, and in working order when recycled/dropped off at a certified location. A copy of receipt by the certified vendor/landfill/recycler must accompany the "You Pull the Plug" rebate application form (available from our office). Company/facility must specify appliance type in writing.
PDF brochure with list of Certified Recycling drop-off locations in western Iowa