$4,000 in Scholarships Available
Each year, Basin Electric Power Cooperative awards one $1,000 scholarship, and Western Iowa Power Cooperative awards one $1,000 and four $500 scholarships. Two of the $500 scholarships are designated specifically for students enrolling in a vocational/technical school or community college. The scholarships must be used for educational costs, and the students must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given.
Scholarships are awarded without regard to other awards, loans, or financial assistance the applicant may have obtained. Previous scholarship winners are not eligible. A selection committee appointed by WIPCO will choose the recipients of the scholarships. The selection committee's decisions are final.
Applicant must be a U. S. citizen and the dependent of a WIPCO member. Applicant must be a student who is enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate or graduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school.
The application process for 2021 is complete. Congratulations to our winners!
- $1,000 Basin scholarship - Sarah Lantz, Boyer Valley High School
- $1,000 WIPCO scholarship - Kylie Feilmeier, Kuemper Catholic High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Courtney Davis, West Monona High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Tayah Struble, West Monona High School/Homeschool
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Joseph Graeve, Denison High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Lauren Danner, IKM-Manning High School