$4,000 in Scholarships Available
Each year, Basin Electric Power Cooperative awards one $1,000 scholarship, and Western Iowa Power Cooperative awards one $1,000 and four $500 scholarships. Two of the $500 scholarships are designated specifically for students enrolling in a vocational/technical school or community college. The scholarships must be used for educational costs, and the students must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given.
Scholarships are awarded without regard to other awards, loans, or financial assistance the applicant may have obtained. Previous scholarship winners are not eligible. A selection committee appointed by WIPCO will choose the recipients of the scholarships. The selection committee's decisions are final.
Applicant must be a U. S. citizen and the dependent of a WIPCO member. Applicant must be a student who is enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate or graduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school.
Download a PDF file of our the scholarship program application for the 2019-2020 school year. Scholarship program applications are also available from your high school guidance counselor or by contacting Mari Miller at 1-800-253-5189. Deadline to submit scholarship program application is Friday, February 8, 2019.
The application process for 2018 is complete. Congratulations to our winners!
- $1,000 Basin scholarship - Hanna Cummins, Dakota Valley High School
- $1,000 WIPCO scholarship - Brooke Roecker, Denison High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Kayla Ragaller, Ar-We-Va High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Brady Fredericks, Denison High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Riley Elwell, MVAOCOU High School
- $500 WIPCO scholarship - Alyssa Thies, MVAOCOU High School
- $500 NIPCO scholarship - Macy Pitt, West Monona High School