Important meter information for WIPCO members
The point of interconnection is usually past the meter socket for single-phase services.
- Tripped breaker or blown fuses below the meter or in any building
- Bad connection on entrance to buildings or house
- Wrapped or broken wires on the member-owner's side of the meter pole
- Tree or tree branches in wires on member-owner's side of the meter pole
Note: Iowa law requires that you call IOWA ONE CALL 48 hours prior to excavating. Any time you plan to excavate, whether it's a small or large construction project, call 811 or 1-800-292-8989.
Western Iowa Power Cooperative's Responsibility
- Line outages (caused by lightning, storms, ice, trees, wind, broken wires, broken poles, broken insulators, animals, faulty primary underground)
- Primary fuses on transformers or line tops
- Failed transformers
- Substation outages